Jamb is looking for engineers who want an adventure of a lifetime!
Have you dreamed about building technology in Silicon Valley? Do you want to work on the hardest problems, using the newest technologies, for the hottest, fastest growing startups in the world?
If so, you have come to the right place.
Jamb is a San Francisco based engineering firm that helps the best companies & startups build amazing products.
And, we treat our people great. Moving countries can be a big leap, but the Jamb family will help you settle in quickly.
WHY WORK WITH JAMB?
- You will build products of the best startup companies in the world (our founder has invested in the fastest growing startups like Uber, AirbnB, xxx etc.)
- You will build products will be used by hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions of people
- You will get to learn (and perhaps invent!) the most innovative technologies in the world
- You will be mentored by the best engineering leaders in the world
- You will work with the smartest engineers, designers, and product people
- You will work with well funded startup companies backed by the best venture capitalists
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WITH:
- CS Fundamentals: You have an understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and persistence technologies. You are able to select the right tool for the right job.
- Delivery Focused: You know that a project is only done once it's delivered and validated, and you do it all without sacrificing quality.
- Passion: Hard problems are not solved overnight. It takes a special kind of attitude and hunger to build something great.
- Teamwork: Many of the problems we encounter require insight from many parts of the business. Your ability to coordinate and communicate is essential to our success.
- Foresight & judgement: You have a strong understanding of the building blocks of scalable systems. You have the experience to know what to build and the discipline to know what not.
- Curiosity: You have a have passion for learning and knowledge, and often work on personal / side projects
- Agile: You can work closely with a product team, engineers, designers to create amazing experiences for our customers (and ship those products often!)
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with distributed systems. Event-driven architecture / SOA / microservices
- Worked with messaging technologies such RabbitMQ or similar
- Experience with a variety of persistence technologies (PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, NoSQL)
- Experience designing and evolving APIs
- Experience with backend web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Python, PHP, etc
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as ReactJS, Ember.js, Node.js, Angular, or io.js
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Experience building native iOS & Android mobile applications is a plus
- Willing to relocate to San Francisco, California, within 2 months of accepting offer
- A CS degree (or equivalent), from an internationally recognized university
- 4-5+ years of working experience as a software engineer
- English proficiency must be 8/10+
COMPENSATION & LOGISTICS:
- $100,000 - $160,000+ USD / (448,000zł - 637,000zł +) yearly salary (comparable salary to Facebook, Google, Twitter)
- Work & live in San Francisco and the greater Bay Area in the sunny California, USA
- All relocation costs fully paid (flight, visa, etc.)
- We apply, pay for, and provide your US work visa (we have a 98% application success rate)
- Paid flight to your home country once / year
- Paid healthcare benefits
- If desired, we can also sponsor and pay for a green card so you can legally live and work in the USA indefinitely (and become a citizen if you wish)
- Have impact: You’ll have a huge impact on a products used and loved by millions
- Enjoy your work: Young, energetic, flexible and super fun work culture
- Be a part of something: Team events (and copious games of poker, Settlers of Catan, etc)
- Look good: A standard issue company hoodie and t-shirt
- Flexible work times: The # of hours sitting in a chair does not = productivity
- Learn: Nerd out and try new technologies at frequent hackathons